EdComm Internship Learning Program
The EdComm Internship Learning Program has been designed to both support learning and to challenge thinking and practice as Interns grow in understanding of the meaning of becoming a Christian educator. The course is designed to facilitate the learning of Interns regardless of their prior experience or knowledge.
Interns will become an integral part of an online learning community that supports each other throughout the year.
- What does it mean to educate the whole child?
- How does reflective practice improve learning and teaching?
- How does worldview influence the classroom and each student?
- How do I engage students in apologetics in a respectful and meaningful way in a school setting?
- Interns will have practical experience of being part of a school team throughout the seasons of the school year.
- Interns will understand the significance of teaching the whole child.
- Interns will be able to identify some norms of contemporary culture and assess their relationship to Biblical truth and how this plays out in the classroom.
- Interns will understand how worldview influences and frames behaviour and thinking, and teaching content, and be able to express a Biblical worldview.
- Interns will understand the dangers of an aggressive approach to apologetics in the school setting and have considered a positive approach.
- Interns will have supported practice in leading CRU or other Christian groups.
- General expectations of working in an Anglican/Christian school
- Now that you are staff member rather than a student
- Professionalism in the workplace
- Introduction to the online learning program
- CRU presentation – assisting with Christian groups in the school
- Q & A
School support visit
Interns will have a one hour face-to-face meeting at their placement school with the EdComm course facilitator at a convenient time during term 1.
Online learning program
The course has eight modules. Note: Modules vary in length.
Two modules are completed each term.
Module 1: Growing the whole child – Socially, emotionally, academically and spiritually
February 22 – March 19, 2021 (4 weeks)
Module 2: The reflective process for educators (Reflective practice)
March 22 – April 2, 2021 (2 weeks)
Module 3: Shaped by the Word
April 19 – May 24, 2021 (5 weeks)
Module 4: Shaped by the world
May 24 – June 20, 2021 (4 weeks)
Module 5: Worldview
July 12 – August 20, 2021 (7 weeks)
Module 6: Applying a Christian worldview to contemporary issues
September 6 – September 19, 2021 (2 weeks)
Module 7: Defensive or positive apologetics in a post-Christian culture
October 4 – October 31, 2021 (4 weeks)
Module 8: Reflection and feedback
November 1 – November 29, 2021 (3 weeks)